10 Tips to Promote Your Business on Small Business Saturday
Last year, an estimated 112 million consumers said that they shopped at small businesses during the annual holiday event 1. You won’t want to miss attracting some of that increased traffic to your business!
Here’s a list of our top 10 tips for promoting your business on Small Business Saturday. These tips will not only help you grow your business with more appointments on Saturday November 25th, these are great ideas for getting more customers at any time of the year.
- Decorate your shop for the occasion! As a sponsor of the event, American Express has free printable signs, social media graphics, and more! Download them here >
- Tempt new customers with a display of treats and refreshing beverages to enjoy while they wait.
- Tweet a secret promo code that customers can use when they visit. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #ShopSmall and #SmallBizSat.
- Team up with neighboring businesses to organize a Small Business Saturday block party. Spread out onto the sidewalk and attract everyone who walks by.
- Tell customers to bring a friend! Among those who shopped last year, 81% reported encouraging friends and family to visit small businesses too 1.
- Offer a special promotion like a discount on a popular service, a free gift, or you could bundle two related services together.
- When customers visit on Small Business Saturday, hand out a coupon for them to use on a future visit. That way you can increase future appointments too!
- Designate a happy hour period with a special incentive. Or offer extended hours to help bring even more customers through your door on 11/25. Every appointment counts!
- Ask customers to share their Small Business support, by mentioning their experience on social media.
- Make sure your customers know that they can show their support for Small Businesses by booking an appointment with you! Spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, your website and email marketing.
If you’re a Pingup Bookable subscriber, you can include your booking page link in all of your your marketing outreach for Small Business Saturday. You could even offer a special discount to everyone who books with you online, or add a special service to your menu!
Looking for even more advice? We recommend reading Like a Boss! 11 Tips to Own Small Business Saturday and Beyond ( Small Business Trends ) and 21 Simple Ideas for a Successful Small Business Saturday ( Entrepreneur ) for additional tips on promoting your business.
1. American Express, 2016