Last updated: May 25, 2012
Summary of Our Policy
We are a communications platform, which enables our registered end users to engage with businesses through a universal chat utility.
We allow our users not only to chat online, but to send and receive short text messages (SMS) to or from businesses which have also registered with us.
Only our registered end users (i.e., consumers) can initiate chats. Our business customers can receive and respond to chat requests, but not initiate them.
To register, users must only provide their first and last name, e-mail and a password. All chats will be initiated through Pingup, either through the Pingup website or the Pingup mobile application. To use the SMS-service, which forwards the chat to SMS, users must only enter a mobile device number in their basic settings.
We conveniently archive communications sent and received through our service platform, so that chat histories are accessible to chat participants.
Getabl Inc does not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your registration or other personal information to a third party, unless you have provided us with explicit consent or as specifically stated below. Only your user name and avatar (if any) are displayed to the businesses who receive your texts.
As with any chat utility, you should be mindful of your privacy and security when communicating with businesses over Pingup. Please don't use our service to communicate with businesses about sensitive personal or financial information such as passwords or credit card details.
You should also read our Terms and Conditions, which contain important information about scope and nature of our Service, and the rules that apply to your use of our Service.
- "Getabl Inc" means Getabl Inc., whose principal place of business is at 11 Elkins St, Suite 230, Boston, MA 02127. Pingup is a service of Getabl Inc.
- "Service" or "Services" means Getabl Inc's products, software, services, mobile applications and website as accessed from time to time by the user, regardless if the use is in connection with an account or not.
What Do We Collect?
- Information you provide at registration or as part of your profile ("Registration Information")
Getabl Inc collects and stores the information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services, either through the Pingup website or the Pingup mobile application.
To open an account, you are required to provide your first name, last name, a valid e-mail address and to create password.
You have the option to add a personal picture and the telephone number associated with your mobile device (required, if you use our "Forward to SMS" service).
- "Communication Content"
We collect, store, and archive all information, data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials - transmitted by or received by users of the Service.
- "Web Access and Usage Information"
When you access our Services through our website, we may collect certain information automatically and store it in log files. We collect technical information when you use our Services.
This information can be combined with the information you have generated and transmitted to or through us or provided to us by registering or creating a profile, which will enable us to analyze and better customize your use of our Service.
- "Mobile Device Information"
When you access our Services through our mobile application, Getabl Inc creates a token on the server which is unique for you and the app instance. We send this token to your device and use it to generate an access token for the chat server authentication. This is a session based token which changes every time when the connection with the chat server is renewed. With those two tokens we know where to deliver a message and we can identify a you on any device where you log in. Using this method we do not and will not collect or store any other information about your device.
When you access our Services through our mobile application, Getabl Inc will ask you for permission to collect and store real time location data. We will store this data on your device only. However, you can choose not to share your location information with us, including by using the settings and other controls on your mobile device.
When you access our Services through our mobile application, you will also be asked to allow push notification to be delivered to your device. If you do so a device token will be generated, which is associated with you until you log out. We will collect and store these device tokens on our servers.
Getabl does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
How We Use Your Information
- We may collect, store, use, transfer, and disclose Web Access and Usage Information for any purpose.
- For users who have enabled ("allowed") location features, we will use your real time location data to perform searches in our database. We will also transfer the location information anonymously to Google Maps API and Google Places API.
- We will use your Registration Information for all purposes necessary to ensure the regular operation of your account and/or availability of our Services, as well as to improve the sites, the App, and our Service. These include, among other things, conducting research about your use of our Services, providing you with our Services; improving our Services and/or offering new products or services to you; informing you about events; inviting you to participate in new initiatives or feature and product upgrades, contacting you to obtain testimonials or for other promotional purposes; performing quality control activities; conducting other R&D.
- We will use your Registration Information to enable your persistent access, provide you with customer service, manage our Services, and authenticate your visits and usage.
- We use analytics services such as Google Analytics and KISSmetrics to help Getabl understand how users engage with the business businesses and our communications platform. These analytics services allow us to analyze all types of data received from users and businesses to generate reports about aggregate user behavior on our Service and help us to measure and research its effectiveness. To learn more about these services visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/ and http://www.kissmetrics.com/ or contact email@example.com. We may provide analytics reports to businesses with respect to the chats in which they have participated.
Ability of User to Opt-Out
Should you wish not to receive any e-mails, that are not necessary to ensure the regular operation of your account and/or availability of our Services, you can change your basic settings and we will respect your preferences.
Through the settings on your mobile device, you can elect not to transmit location data to Getabl and not to receive push notifications.
How We Share Information
- We never share Communications Content or information derived from Communications Content with any business other than the business who is also a direct party to the underlying chat communications.
- A business who has claimed its profile (i.e., registered with Pingup) has access to stored archives of the contents of its chats with users, as do the users who initiated the chats.
- A business with whom you initiate and conduct a chat will see your User Name (and personal photo or avatar, if any, associated with your User Name), and of course any information, data or information you transmit to them through the Service. Although a business cannot make unsolicited offers, please be aware that he may use the content of the chat for analytics purposes and potentially to formulate offers, coupons, or target advertisements generally.
- Pingup does not provide the business with your email address, password, or telephone number (where provided) except in response to lawful subpoena or other valid legal requests.
- We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose or transfer your Registration Information to any third party including the businesses with whom you chat for their marketing purposes.
Retention of Personal Information
Terminating Our Services
You can stop using our Services at any time, although we'll be sorry to see you go. If you want to stop using your account, you may choose to either temporarily set your account offline or permanently delete it.
- "Set Your Account Offline"
We believe that you own your data and preserving your access to such data is important. We therefore enable you to set your account offline. This means, you will not be able to use our Services, until you decide to reactivate your account. In this case, Getabl Inc will not delete your Registration Information or Communication Content.
You can also choose to permanently delete your account. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. Getabl Inc will delete all personal information, including Communication Content.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Pingup website, application, and services may contain links to third-party websites, applications, and services. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Security of Your Information
Getabl is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Registration Information and Communication Content submitted to us from unauthorized access, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
How to Contact Us
Questions about this Summary, our Privacy Statement, or about Getabl Inc's handling of your personal information may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent to:
11 Elkin Street, Suite 230
Boston, MA 02127
Users From Outside of the United States
The website and the servers upon which the website is hosted are located in the United States. Any personal data that users outside of the United States provide via the website or App will be transferred to the United States, and by visiting the website or downloading the App and submitting personal data, you authorize this transfer.